About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 341: Honey

This rather abstract photo is nothing more than some honey in the bottom of a coffee cup. How did it come about? Well to begin with, I like vanilla. I was at the grocery store looking for some pomegranate flavored herbal tea. I had some at my mother's house one day and was telling the Better Half about it. I thought she might like it. The store I was at was all out of the pomegranate flavors but a box of CELESTIAL SEASONINGS Sleepytime Vanilla Herb Tea caught my eye so I bought a box.



As I said, I like vanilla. So I got home and brewed a couple of cups. One for me, one for the BH. She didn't like it. Point blank, it simply didn't taste good to her. I, on the other hand, thought it was OK, but very weak. The flavor was too subdued, too mild. I'm the type of guy that likes black coffee, unsweetened ice tea, grapefruit juice, beer, dry red wines. Get what I am saying?
Well, I am going to drink the whole box eventually, but I decided i had to perk it up some. So, I poured some hone into a cup along with an 1/8th teaspoon of vanilla extract. Well, when I did that, what I saw in the bottom of the cup is what you see in today's photograph. It looked interesting to me. So I snapped it. There you have it. Photographing my food again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts