About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 344: Getting sick of Winter

Sunrise view from my kitchen window in Chaumont, NY. 4 below zero.  And the day is down hill from here.
I am so upset I could puke. Am at the eye doctors with my mother. She has cataracts. We have to do something about that. I just spent 30 odd minutes of typing a blog entery and my stupid fat fingers hit something on the laptop keyboard that caused me to erase it all, and I couldn't figure out how to get it back.  That is just the latest event this morning that is trying my patience.

For one thing I am sick of the Winter. I no longer give a damn how it can be pretty. (Well, I'm still thankful for the photo ops, but where is the money?)  Shovelling snow on top of snow. None of it melts before the next layer arrives. The frigging plow fills in the end of the driveway. I go out to the wood  pile and encounter some kind of animal shit in the pathway. I think it's from the neighbors cat. A few days before I encountered a large pile of dog shit in the pathway.  There's no mistaking a dog pile. It's bad enogh shovelling snow. I do not own a cat, I do not own a dog, so why the Hell do I haver to shovell up shit from these animals. Why don't they shit in their own yard? What ever happened to the litter box? The lazzy ass owners probably do not clean it out so the cat is digusted and takes it out on me. I am sick of this shit (pun intended).This morning, for the third time in the past ten days or so, the rear wheel on my 2005 Dodge Caravan was frozen solid & would not turn. So I drag my floor jack out to it, jack it up, remove the wheel and heat it up with my Bernz-o-matic torch. It happens to be below zero while this is happening.

I have an empty apartment I am trying to get cleaned up. The previous teneant lefyt a couple truck loads of worn out furniture and other odds & ends that I have to haul to the dump. I must get that done befor 3:00. That's when the dump closes. Oh, pardon me for not being politically correct, it's not the dump, it's the Transfer Station.  Another government run entity that opertates on banking hours. Well, actually the banks now have longer hours than the dump.

I also have to teach guitar today, starting at 3:00pm and into the evening. So, I have a full and varied day today and I am sure gonna want a beer or a bottle of wine when it's over.

So, I have typed up my rant for the second time today. At least this time I managed to save it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts