About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 362: Ladybug Photo


I never know when a photo opportunity will present itself. Last night as I reached for the pull cord to turn off the dining room light I spotted this Ladybug crawling about on it. Well naturally I grabbed a camera & began photographing the creature. What makes this photo work is the repeating circular shapes. The beads on the cord, the large bead at the bottom, the round shape of the insect, the spots on the insect. I do not have a macro lens for this particular camera so I couldn't focus as close as I would have liked. So I had to crop the photo to what you see here. Consequently it suffers some degradation. But I still like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts