About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 331: Sweet Caroline

Well it was 26 degrees at lunchtime in Chaumont, NY. We can live with that. For w few days I have been less than enthusiastic about things. As I have mentioned before, many of the irons that I have in the fire are slow to heat up and bear fruit. But, one must continue on and keep trying. Those that quit, quit. Their vines produce no fruit. So this morning I started out sort of glum, but proceeded to work at some things and slowly, I worked out of my funk. I am embedding a YouTube video from soymartino, a Serbian (I'm pretty sure he is a Serb, could be wrong) guitarist playing his arrangement of Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline.



In pre-internet era I and most everyone else in the World would never have discovered this guy. Being one of my favorite Neil Diamond tunes I was excited to see  that his arrangement was available for sale. Well I really like this arrangement so I bought it and began learning it yesterday. Which is anothe thing that's great about the internet. I used PayPal to pay him and his arrangement was e-mailed to me within moments, arrivinbg as a PDF document that included standard music notation & guitar tab. What A Wonderful World! (Oh, that Louis Armstrong tune was included with the purchase too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts