About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 326: Promotional Prints

Supposedly the temperature is to fall to 25-30 degrees below zero tonight. That is pretty, pretty, pretty, chilly. It was 11 degrees here this morning at 7:00. I just got some 16" x 20" promotional wedding prints delivered here yesterday from Shutterfly.com. The quality is OUTSTANDING! These were from digital files I uploaded to their web site. I was unsure just how good a print that large would be, in particular because some them were from jpeg files taken with a Nikon D2h camera, which only has a 4.1 megapixel sensor.
One of my 16x20 promotional prints made by Shutterfly.com  Excellent quality, great price, fast service.


So, to reiterate, I am very happy with the prints from Shutterfly made with the Nikon cameras I have been using. Now the next thing I plan to do is see how well Shutterfly makes black & white prints from my scanned Tri-X negatives. That will be interesting. I imagine a lot of it will depend on the film scanner.

Start your own account at www.shutterfly.com

For those who came in late: My name is Gary Walts, the author of his blog. I was born & raised in Jefferson County, NY. I have been a photographer forever. And a pretty darn good one. I shoot regularly for Associated Press, The Post-Standard and have shot many freelance jobs for various publications, including Parade, The Washington Post, The NY Daily News, USA Today, just to name a few. My personal work has appeared in many publications and books. Consequently, I have a lot of experience photographing nin a variety of situations, dealing with all manner of personalities. Politicians, criminals, babys, corporate executives, sports, industrial workers and places. And WEDDINGS. I have photographed many weddings in just about all denominations under all kinds of conditions: Indoors, outdoors, in dark reception halls, poorly lit churches. You name it. Anyhow, I know how to react to a situation and quickly frame up a memorable photograph. I also know how to conduct myself. To move about as discreetly as possible and still get the photos. So, if you are in need of a wedding photographer in northern or central New York, give me, Gary Walts,  a call at 315-649-4174. Actually, for the right fee I will travel well out of this region to photograph your wedding.


For a wedding photographer in the 13601 zip code area call Gary Walts at 315-649-4174




Visit Gary Walts wedding photography site at www.garywalts.com/weddings for more info.



P.S. I am also a fairly decent guitar player and teach guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts