About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 308: The Good Guys Cancelled

It's good by for The Good Guys. One of the few TV shows I have enjoyed in the last ten or fifteen years.
I don't watch a lot of TV. In fact, I almost gave it up all together quite afew years ago because every thing was so poorly written with stupid jokes and puns usually infused with vulgar, gutter, toilet type humor.  I cannot stand that stuff.  Anyhow, the Good Guys from Fox TV I found to be a refreshing and truly funny cop show.  I just heard it is being cancelled. Story of my life in recent TV history. The shows I like generally only last one season if that.






Bradley Whitford  and Colin Hanks  in The Good Guys



 Colin Hanks (Tom Hanks' son), portrays a promising young detective who is partnered with a washed-up, often drunken cop portrayed by Bradley Whitford, to solve what appear to be petty crimes that ultimately lead to involved plots filmed with Hollywood style action. That action is part of the fun of the series. It's like they are poking fun at all of the shoot 'em up, blow 'em up action sequences of big Hollywood movies.  In one memorable episode there is more lead flying  than was fired at Bonnie & Clyde. The room was riddled like swiss cheese, and when the smoke cleared, no one had taken a hit. There are usually a nice big explosion or two along the way, again, to me, it's like they are doing a satire of a Rambo or Schwartzenegger type of movie. 

In this video from TV Guide the lead actors talk about theri characters and the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts