About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 310: Socks & Snow

I was up a little late last night, so, got up this morning at 7:00 to sunshine on yesterdays snow. Nineteen degrees. A pretty and pleasant day, at least in regard to the weather.
The month has just begun and I see no freelance work on the immediate horizon. I get nervouse, because I need more work to meet all of my obligations. I get this way in the first few days of every month, and something usually comes my way and life keeps going on. For al of the adversity I have faced in recent years i have managed to chop away quite a bit of debt. I surprise myself when I look at the figures.


A terrific buy at Sam's Club: 10 pair of socks for $11.38
Speaking of money, I love to get a good buy for my dollar. Thus, I shop at Sam's Club fairly regularly. I have never given any attention to the clothing they offer for sale, until last night. I was walking through the store and a display of socks caught my eye. It just so happened that I had been thinking about buying some socks. They had ten pair for $11.38, and, they were MADE in USA!  I was thrilled to think that a piece of clothing was still being made in the USA. Also, 10 pair for that price seemed like a great deal to me. So I bought them. I am wearing a pair now & they feel great on the feet. An excellent buy that I reccomend at Sam's Club.

"Luck is only important insofar as getting the chance to sell yourself at the right moment. After that, you've got to have talent and know how to use it." - Frank Sinatra


photos by Gary Walts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts