About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Total Solar Eclipse Photos in Chaumont, NY.

 

Total solar eclipse in Chaumont, NY. photo by Gary Walts.
Sony a6000 camera and Minolta 500mm f8 mirror lens.

Yesterday, April 8, 2024 we experienced a total solar eclipse here in Northern NY. Personally I and a few family members witnessed it from our backyard in the village of Chaumont.

We grilled some smoked sausages, had some salt potatoes and Cole slaw. We had a nice wood fire going in the fire cauldron and lit some tiki torches to add a little ambience to the transition from light to darkness. 

One f the most notable things that happened was a large number of mosquitos swarming about  when the darkness came on. There was also a distinct rapid drop in the temperature. It dropped from almost 60 degrees down to 52 degrees. 

For the most part the sky remained clear throughout. A small amount of clouds were about, but the view remained good. We had a wonderful and memorable day. We were all quite amazed by the experience. 

View looking toward my neighbors place during the eclipse, Chaumont, NY 2024

Smoked sausages on the grill. Cheddar bacon and cheddar jalapeño flavored. 

This is a composite of two photos. I'm not sure I really like it it or
did it quite well enough.



Eclipse day food. Smoked sausage sandwiches, oil and vinegar based Cole slaw, and salt potatoes.


We got a fire going well before it got dark. (This is a fire cauldron created by artists Will Salisbury and Greg Lago, two good friends who are no longer with us. I miss them.)

Family members view the eclipse in Chaumont, NY

Family members view the eclipse in Chaumont, NY

Family members view the eclipse in Chaumont, NY

Family members view the eclipse in Chaumont, NY

Family members view the eclipse in Chaumont, NY



Family members view the eclipse in Chaumont, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts