About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Monday, April 15, 2024

Thomas Jefferson's 281st Birthday and My 70th Photos

Thomas Jefferson, 3rd President of the
United States, Born April 13, 1743

I was born 70 years ago on Thomas Jefferson's birthday, April 13th, 1954.  It's Thomas Jefferson's 281st.  The Better Half and I had a low key celebration. We went to Garland City Beer Works in Watertown where we had a couple of drinks and food. The band Bad Husbands Club was playing there 6-9:00.  The next day my daughter S made us some great macaroni and cheese, dropped off a couple of rib eye steaks, a 6 packof Guinness Extra Stout beer and a Friendly's ice cream cake. It was delicious. I couldn't ask for a more pleasant birthday. 

Selfie I made at Clay St on my birthday, 70 years old.
 Yikes, where did the time go?



Cheese and meat tray at Garland City Beer Works

House cocktail called Posh Purse Punch at Garland City Beer Works

House cocktail called Posh Purse Punch at Garland City Beer Works

The Bad Husbands Club trio at Garland City Beer Works


Rib Eye steaks on the grill.

Rib Eye steaks on the grill andGuinness Extra Stout Beer.

Guinness Extra Stout Beer, birthday 2024

Friendly's ice cream cake. A gift from daughter S that included
Guinness beer, steaks, mac and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts