About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Saturday, April 16, 2022

Highlights From The Past Week April 10-16, 2022

 

Sunday April 10:  Had dinner with H & D and their two sons in Brownville. H Made some really good chili along with some corn bread and rice. 

Monday April 11: The Better Half & I take a drive to Pennsylvania to buy some beer brewed by Yards Brewing Company of Philadelphia. The beer is not sold in NY State. Mostly bought Thomas Jefferson's Golden Ale.  We drove interstate RT 11 from Syracuse to Scranton. Had a good lunch at The Spot in Binghamton.  In Nicholson PA we came upon massive concrete railroad bridge. It towers 240 feet in the air. Was builtin 1915. 

Tuesday April 12: Took care of miscellaneous stuff and had guitar lessons in the afternoon.

Wednesday April 13: Thomas Jefferson's 279th Birthday (and my 68th!).  Rain alternated with Sun. Temperatures warm enough we sat outdoors asI grilled Hoffman hot dogs and drank some of the Thomas Jefferson Golden Ale.  

Thursday April 14: Spent a good portion of morning & afternoon cleaning up the garage at our Franklin St house. In the evening we went to the Tug Hill Winery in Lowville, NY. Went with both of Better Half's daughters and their husband. Arrived at 5:30, had dinner, stayed until 9:00 as we were entertained by singer/guitarist Phil Dumond. Stopped at Cottage Inn in Copenhagen way home and had another beer. Better Half was our driver, she wasn't drinking.

Friday April 15:  Good Friday.  My Celebrity Brother & I hauled a good load of trash and recyclables from my Franklin St garage to the transfer station.  Fee was $23.37. Went to Home Depot and ordered a shower door and a corded electric chain saw. Both items are not in stock at the Watertown store. It was extremely windy on this day.

Saturday April 16 (today): I was back at Franklin St. Blocked up some holes where starlings were trying to build nests. Repaired a clothes dryer vent. Did more cleaning & organizing in the garage. The Better Half made a coconut creme pie and some stuffing for Easter dinner tomorrow at B & M's house.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts