About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Thursday, April 7, 2022

April 6, 2022 Beautiful Day to Paint a Sun

It was a great day for spray painting this tin wall hanging here in Chaumont, NY You can see the original finish still shows through the yellow Krylon paint.

It was a beautiful day in Chaumont, NY. I think the temperature hit 70, not sure. I looked before noon and it was 66. Never looked again. Back at Christmas time I bought a tin wall hanging of a sun with a face. I found it at Hobby Lobby. It was very rustic and had some sort of heavy textured paint or other coating on it. I liked it that way but it didn't seem to work well in any of the spots I'd like to hang it. I decided to paint it yellow. Today's weather was perfect for that job. I used Krylon spray paint. It turned out that the surface I was painting was difficult to cover. I used an entire can, applying multiple layers. I'm considering a different type of paint that I can brush on for a finish coat. 

You can see the original finish still shows through the yellow Krylon paint. I used the entire can, probably 5 coats.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts