About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Saturday, April 9, 2022

April 9, 2022. More Work at Franklin St Apartment

 

5  gallon water cans left in our garage by a tenant. Put them on the curb and they're gone an hour later.

It was a sunny day here in Northern NY with high temperature about 45-47 degrees.  I spent most of the day cleaning out the garage at at our Franklin St, Watertown apartment house. For whatever reasons tenants over the years have been leaving behind a lot of odds and ends the garage. Many of them perfectly fine. Brand new tools, household items, toys many in original unopened packaging. Perfectly good  but outdated cathode ray tube televisions. One tenant left behind boxes of nails, caulk, electrical supplies. Lots of perfectly good used items too. They likewise run the gamut from tools to kitchen utensils and appliances, exercise equipment and furniture.  One hates to throw the good stuff away. But, eventually there gets to be too much. I've tried selling some of it on Craigs List, Facebook Market Place and E Bay. For the most part that hasn't worked out real well. So I've been hauling 95% of it to the transfer station and paying a fee to unload it. Today I took a good size pile of scrap metal there. Metal is free to drop off as it is valuable and very recyclable. 

Today I also put some five gallon US Army water cans out on the curb with a free sign. (These containers are also known as Jerry Cans.)They were gone an hour later. We have had a number of Fort Drum soldiers as tenants over the years so I'm sure one of them left the containers behind. I also placed 4 plastic gas cans out on the curb. They disappeared in short order too.

On another note I present this photo of dishes on a rack in front of a window. This was at my Celebrity Brother's place. It just caught my eye as I was going out the door. 

What caught my eye: Dishes at my Celebrity Brother's place. photo copyrightGary Walts 2022


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts