About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Friday, January 18, 2019

Target shooting ice blocks & grilling wings January 17, 2019 slow motion video

Jerk chicken wings on the grill in 16 degree weather at our home in Chaumont, NY. 
The last couple of nights the temperature has been going down below zero. Perfect for freezing some blocks of ice for target practicing with my Gamo air rifle. I filled some balloons and some zip lock sandwich bags with water & placed them outdoors over night to make the targets. Meanwhile I've had some chicken wings marinating for 3 days in some Jamaican jerk sauce. So The Better Half's son in law D & his son J came over with their air rifles and we had some great amusement shooting the ice targets while the wings roasted on the grill. It was a Wednesday and D had the day off. J had to go to work at 4:00 that afternoon. So they got here about 11:30, left about 3:00.  The weather was sunny and no wind. The temperature about 16 degrees. All together it made for a beautiful Winter afternoon.
Winter afternoon target shooting blocks of ice with air rifles.

Winter afternoon target shooting blocks of ice with air rifles..

Here is a slow motion video of some of the ice exploding as it is stuck by the air rifle pellets. It's great fun, better than shooting bottles because there is no glass to clean up. Also, the extreme low temperature mad for some dense and brittle ice that intensified the shattering effect.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts