About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Friday, January 4, 2019

Friday January 4 2019: Grilling Jamaican Jerk chicken wings

Basting chicken wings with additional jerk sauce in January, Chaumont NY 

It was a sunny and warm day, hitting a high of 40 degrees, here in Chaumont NY. Pleasant for January 4. My brothers A & R came by in the evening and we grilled some chicken wings. The wings had been marinating in a Jamaican Jerk sauce for 3 days. The main ingredient being scotch bonnet peppers, or more properly, Habanero peppers. We also had some guacamole from my own recipe. The avocados were of high quality and the perfect degree of ripeness which made for a most delicious result. We washed it all down with Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA which is probably my all time favorite beer. Brother R, the carpenter, however chose Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. The jerk sauce recipe came from a book by Dunstan Harris titled Island Barbecue with illustrations by Brooke Scudder. Published by Chronicle Books. It is a great little cookbook. Click the link for a good article by the Baltimore Sun about Jerk cooking that includes a jerk marinade recipe.

Brother R the carpenter at left, and myself in Chaumont NY. The Brinkman smoker/grill
is loaded with jerk chicken wings


My celebrity brother A, left, me in the middle, and the carpenter R enjoying wings in beer, Chaumont NY. 

Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA beer, jerked chicken wings and guacamole made for a nice little munch out at our home
inChaumnt NY on a rather mild January evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts