About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Christmas Eve 2018 classical guitar video: Christmas Time Is Here

In recent years I have made guitar videos of myself playing a Christmas song and posting it on Facebook on Christmas Eve. This year I played Christmas Time Is Here by Vince Guaraldi. The song was written for a Charlie Brown Christmas TV special. The special has been aired on TV every year since it's 1965 debut. So this is me playing the song:



This arrangement is from Christmas Songs For Easy Classical Guitar by Mark Phillips. Not only are the arrangements easy to play but the also SOUND GOOD. They are perfect for capturing and sharing some Christmas spirit without investing many hours, days, or even weeks mastering more fully harmonized performance pieces.

Cover of Christmas Songs for Easy Classical Guitar by Mark Pillips.
A great little book of arrangements that truly are easy and sound good.

Back cover of Christmas Songs for Easy Classical Guitar by Mark Pillips showing song list.

An inside peek of Christmas Songs for Easy Classical Guitar by Mark Pillips.
For copyrite reasons I have not shown full pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts