About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Monday, January 28, 2019

Monday Jan 28, 2019 working on an apartment between tenants

Today started out at 4 below zero here in Chaumont NY. Got up later than I like, 7:00 am, put some time in on the guitar. I mostly worked on a nice arrangement of La Paloma that was made by Francisco Tarrega. Beautiful, long time favorite for many people. By 10:00 I was out of the house, did some banking and got back to one of our vacant apartments on Franklin St in Watertown. I am installing new carpet in 3 of the rooms. I have2 of them cut in. One is completed. My celebrity brother will finish up the bedroom for me. That will be a big help. The unit has been vacant since October. So much other stuff going on (the Better Half in the hospital on 2 occasions, planning a surprise birthday for the Better Half, and ongoing things with my mother) I have been dragging my feet getting it ready to rent since the last tenant vacated.  Beside the carpet I painted some baseboards and other little odds and ends. Hopefully I get a reliable tenant in there in a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts