About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Gary Walts log: New Years Day 2019

My whole life I hate to go to bed at night and hate to sleep in in the morning. As I have gotten older I have tempered that and realize the importance of proper rest for ones physical health and creativity. So last night, New Years Eve, I didn't get to bed until 12:30. We watched TV coverage of the ball dropping in Times Square, NY City. BTW, The Better Half's daughter B & her husband M were at Times Square. We saw no glimpses of them on TV. In bed I fall asleep reading. I awoke at6:00 and know that I need more sleep. I doze back off and experience a lot of weird dreams. The next thing I know it is 9:00 so I bounce out of bed. I rarely ever sleep that late. But I really needed it. I practice guitar for an hour or so. I have some fried eggs, sausage rolls and potato salad for breakfast. Then I fritter away my time trying to come up with and ad for guitar lessons. I have two vacant apartments that need to be spruced up so I cab get them rented. They have been unoccupied since September. My fault for procrastinating. As the day progresses I become very antsy. Finally I get outdoors for a couple of hours and tend to some odds & ends around the house. I did some target shooting with my air rifle ( a Gammo break barrel, 1000 foot per second) which is a most satisfying distraction. I enjoy shooting a lot, but do not often indulge in it. I found a block of ice about 4 inches thick in the bottem of a 5 gallon pail and set that up as a target. What fun it was to see the ice shatter and chip away bit by bit with every shot from the Gammo. By evening we have a dinner of pork chops and play a game of Trivial Pursuit. I ended the night watching a documentary on Netflix about Polish sculptor/artist Stanislaw Szukalski. Never heard of him before. Most interesting. I highly recommend learning about him. Amazing, weird, and strange. It's now 11:30. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts