About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Saturday, January 26, 2013

Tonight I played background music during the cocktail hour at the North Country Arts Council annaul dinner. The event was held at Maggies on the River Restaurant in Watertown, NY. My cousin Juanita & her husband Steve turned out for the event. Also, my good friend Greg Lago from Clayton was there. we sat together for dinner. Greg is a great, all around artist. His specialty is wood engraving, but he is also a consumate wood sculptor and painter, AND, an all around intellect. It was a great pleasue being with him as I have not seen him since this past August. The dinner was held in a LARGE room. I had my Fishman Solo Amp turned up high, more so than I usually use it. There were easily over 150 people there. all mof thos folks chatting made it difficult for me to hear myself play. I does not seem like that could be possible, but it is. I must get a monitor of some sort for these situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts