About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Tuesday, January 15, 2013

2002 Dodge Caravan Radiator Repair

This is me holding the worn out radiator I removed from my 2002 Dodge Caravan. My red, 2005 Caravan is in the background also.
My 2002 Dodge Caravan has had a leaky radiator for quite some time. I put some Bars leak in it a while back and it seemed to slow the leak considerably. Recently it has gotten worse. A close inspection showed I needed to replace the unit. I bought one at Auto Zone. It came to $151.00 and change, including tax. Removing the old one & installing the new on was easy. There are 5 small screws that hold a splash shield in place. The sheild spans the width of the radiator and is located on top of the radiator area. A cross member that secures the upper part of the radiator was removed by removing 4 bolts. All on top, easy to see and access. Two cooling fans held in place by a single screw each, also easy to see & get at. Unplug the electric connections to the fans. set the fans aside. Undo the upper & lower radiator hoses, lift out the old radiator. Put the new on in place & reattach everything. The entire job took me one hour and forty minutes. That time includes cleaning up and putting all of the tools away. It was a pretty nice day for working on it outdoors: 30 degrees, partly sunny, no wind. I hope all is well in your world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts