About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Years Day 2013

Happy New Year everyone. Today is New Years day, the first day of 2013. I am hoping for a productive, fruitful year.
Today is also the 24th day I have been ill with a cold or infection of some sort. It will not go away. It began on Sunday, Dec. 9th when I awoke with a mild sore throat. That soreness was gone the next day, but since then I have had assorted bouts of sneezing, coughing, sinus congestion and the like. It's been mild enough that it has not detracted from me from my normal routine. Maybe more tired than normal. I simply am not myself and I am getting fed up with it. I suppose I better get the doctors.

It is 8:30pm and the temperature outside is 10 degrees.
I snapped this snowman on Leray St. in Watertown, N.Y. I used a Nikon D7000 with a 70-200mm f2.8 Nikon lens.
I have been watching episodes of Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone sporadically throughout the day on the Syfy Channel. That series was some of the all time best TV ever aired. Well written, well produced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts