About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Dunkin Donuts Car

Look at what I saw today while driving in the North bound lane of interstate Route 81 near Syracuse. It's a Dunkin Donuts Car. I've seen the Oscar Meyer Weiner mobile but this was the first DD car I've seen. As usual I was en route to a photo shoot when I encountered this car. My camera is always at the ready so it was easy to make these "snaps". I passed the car. I then held the camera at arm's length at the passenger door window. I do not look through the view finder. I have a wide angle lens set with a small aperture, auto focus, high speed frame rate. I keep my eyes and attention on the road. I slow down a bit and the DD Car catches up to me & as it passes by me I push down on the shutter release. A dozen frames or so are taken and I am able to glean these two you see here. I of course crop them because the original framing is less than ideal. One cannot frame a photo with out looking through the view finder. These photos are strictly a record of what I encountered during a drive. To show others what I saw. Nothing artsy or profound. It is one of the ways I use photography.
I used a Nikon D300 with a 17-55mm f2.8 Nikon lens.

1 comment:

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts