About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 149: About Comics

It was 60 degrees at 6:00am in Chaumont, NY this morning. Cool. It's a pleasant day, great for getting work done around the house in anticipation of visitors from Ohio, arriving this coming Tuesday.



I grew up reading comic books and comics in the newspapers. I love how in just a few frames the artist can tell a story. Now, one of my all time favorite themes is the man stuck on a deserted island. Usually in frame one he is sitting forlorn and lonely looking. Then he sees a box or piece of luggage drifting toward shore. The stranded man is excited. Then when he finally opens the container it reveals the punchline. Well, that brings me to today's photograph. I would say 99% of all the photographs I make are unplanned. I am either up to something else when a photo possibilty cathes my eye, or, I am at an event trying to capture what is going on. This photo was from that 1% where I have an idea I wish to express, and it is my nod to the mystery packages that wash up on shore in all those comics that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts