About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 142: My Dilemma

My dilemma is what do I do right at this moment in time? Do I go on writing this blog entry? Do I go out to the front porch with a beer and my guitar? Or do I finish up the CD's of wedding photos for the two weddings I photographed last Saturday? What I want to do is go to the front porch with the beer & guitar. But, now that I have begun to write in the blog, well, I'd like to fininsh. The problem is, it will take me awhile and then I will have no energy left for the guitar. I could do all three, but that would mean staying up late. I am allready tired and that would push me over the edge. I certainly don't need the calories that the beer offers.


Allright, some background. My niece and her family are visiting from St. Louis. Her family and her Dad, (my celebrity brother), were at my house last night. So it was a nice festive time we all had. However, I had to leave this morning at 6:30am to photograph three jobs at Harborfest in Oswego NY. Well, that meant I had to give up my morning guitar practice. I don't like that at all. I got in 20 minutes. To do my normal two hours I would have had to get up at 4:00am. anyhow, I leave and go shoot my jobs. It rained cats & dogs until 2:00pm. I'm sick of the rain. I got drencehed to the bone. I finally got back home at 6:00pm. I want to take a nap. Instead, I finish editing and transmitting to the Post-Standard the last job I shot. Now it's 7:00pm. I am also a land lord and have an apartment available. I had to meet a young soldier from Fort Drum at 8:20 there to show it to him. He liked it. I like him. He should be moving in August first. I get back home and begin writing this at 9:30. Also, I am home alone because my better half is at another brother's house in Syracuse helping them get set up for a huge party tomorrow. Big family get together and graduation party. So, the hell with the wedding CD's. They are all done, I just have to print the artwork on them & create the artwork for the packages. It is now 10:pm, I am done writing, I am going to go get a beer and play outside on the porch. In the morning I will get up bright eyed & bushy tailed, put in 2 hours of guitar, finish the CD's and then head off to the big family/graduation bash. How's that?

UPDATE: It's now 10:40pm. The phone rings, interupts some great guitar playing on the porch. It's my golfing brother and his two kids & wife. I failed to mention they are also in town visiting from Winter Haven, Florida. They were wondering if they could crash at my place tonight. They just left the Syracuse brother & should arrive here in about 45 minutes. Hey, why not. Things get a little crazy and out of the ordinary when the bros & their families all roll into town. You gotta love it. However, I'm not so sure the Cd's will get done in the morning, or my two hours on the guitar. There will be guitar, some time tomorrow. I ramble. Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts