About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 147: Hectic July

Well it's quite pleasant in Chaumont NY this morning. 70 degrees at 7:00am, sunny, breezy, low humidity. Supposed to hit 80 degrees later. It's been four days since my last post. You would think I could at least offer upa photo every day. The one presented here was taken in Cape Vincent, NY.

The month of July has been particularly busy and stressfull. It began with a Fourth of July visit tp Ohio. That was followed by a string of freelance photography jobs, a few guitar gigs, as well as my part time job with the Post-Standard newspaper. Then I have had family visiting from Florida and St, louis. The last of that gang leaves on Friday. Then, on Tuesday we have family from Ohio, (those we visited over the Fourth)rolling in for a few days. It's too much. Ther has been no let up. I need some time at home alone. However, this is unusual that so much happens so close together. So, I must hang in there.
Let me clarify my position. It has been great fun, but it has thrown my routine way off. Barely anytime for the blog. Guitar practice has been spradic. Going to bed and getting up at various times. So what I really miss is the routine. The schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts