About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Best Beer I Ever Drank




It was mid December, 2009, I was going to a party at a friends house in Clayton, NY. I stop by Winged Bull Studio to meet up with Greg & Karen Lago. Greg offers me a beer. It was a a Dundee India Pale Ale. I took one pull off the bottle and was sold. What a great beer. Nice & bitter! I know that's not for everyone, but it works for me. My favorite beverages are black coffee, unsweetened ice tea, and grapefruit juice. This beer is actually reminiscent of grapefruit juice. So today it's July 2oth. I have just spent the morning mowing the lawn (with a walk behind mower), and splitting & stacking some firewood. It was a pretty good workout. So, I took a Dundee out to the front porch as a reward for a couple of jobs well done. I was really hot, sweaty, could feel some of my muscles that got over used, and that beer has to be one of the best I've ever drank. It's the perfect beer to chase hard labor. So good in fact, I was inspired to make this blog entry. From the Dundee Brewing Co., Rochester, NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts