About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Sunday, August 11, 2024

Heavy Rain, Frittata, Coffee, Flooding, I Get Wet

Friday August 9, 2024 

My morning coffee caught my eye so I snapped it. photo copyright Gary Walts 2024

What a day yesterday was. We had heavy rain all day. The region experienced flooding in many places. 

Started day with eggs scrambled with chopped tomatoes, onions, jalapenos and cheese. I didn't realize it at the time but it just dawned on me I basically made a frittata.  My coffee caught my eye making me snap pix of it. Later I began cleaning and painting old wooden windows at Clay St. All the while it rains and rains. About 4:00 daughter S calls and says her basement in flooding. She needs a pump. I buy a good utility pump at Ace Hardware, State St, Watertown. While I am there a steady stream of customers are buying sump pumps, utility pumps, hoses and related hardware. Turns out there was a rush on those items at the the other stores in area. Lowes, Home Depot, White's et al. 

At one point the hose blew off the pump soaking S and myself. What a riot. The rain caused wetness in our Clay St house in places that never got wet before. 

Breakfast: Frittata with onions, cheese, jalapeno, tomatoes



I got drenched when hose blew off utility pump.

Worked on old window frames at Clay St.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts