About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Sunday, May 5, 2024

Pulled Pork and Haircut

Saturday, May 4, 2024

A new rub I tried out. It was good and I would recommend it, but my favorite is one from Emeril Lagasse.

    The morning began with some light on and off again rain, warming and clearing as the day went on. It ended a beautiful, partly sunny day. Temps hit 70 degrees. Most pleasant. 

I started a charcoal fire about 6:30 am and smoked a 14 pound pork butt roast. Purchased it on Friday at Hannaford Grocery store at $.99 a pound. A great buy. I used charcoal to initially start the fire and then used hickory and occasionally a little more lump charcoal to keep it going through the day. 

At 10:00 I got a haircut at Sportsman's Barber Shop in Watertown. 

The pork was ready to pull 5:00. I usually use a dry rub blend I mix from an Emeril LaGasse recipe. However, this time I tried one that I picked up at the Dexter Market. In the end I learned I like Emeril's better. Don't get me wrong, the pork was still delicious. 

A health app on my iPhone shows I walked 6,255 steps. 

14 lb pork butt after being in smoker for a couple hours at 250 degrees.

It doesn't take a lot of hickory wood to keep the fire and smoke going at a 250/300 degrees

It doesn't take a lot of hickory wood to keep the fire and smoke going at a 250/300 degrees


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts