About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Another Auto Repair: Fuel Pump for 2011 Kia Sedona

Our 2011 Kia Sedona on a lovely April Day, perfect for repair work.

Today I replaced the fuel pump in my 2011 Kia Sedona van. The van has 176,315 miles on it. For the past year I've thought the pump was beginning to fail. Sometimes the engine would crank over longer than normal to start. Once in awhile it seemed to lose power. On Monday, April 29, it stalled as I was backing out of the Clay St. driveway. Very difficult to get it started again. Finally got it to run poorly and managed to drive it home. Brother Al followed me, just in case. 

By the time I gio home it was running good. The next morning it started right up. ButI knew it was time to replace the fuel pump. Got one yesterday at Auto Zone in Evans Mills. It was $288.35 with the tax. This comes about a week after repairing the brakes.

 The job was easy. Hardest part was removing the seat to access the fuel pump cover.

The old fuel pump I removed from our 2011 Kia Sedona .

The old fuel pump I removed from our 2011 Kia Sedona .



Auto Zone parts store receipt for 2011 Kia Sedona fuel pump.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts