About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Artists Greg Lago Appears in My Dream

 

Greg Lago on the phone at Winged Bull Studio, Clayton, NY in 2007

My good friend Greg Lago appeared in one of my dreams a few nights ago. Greg was a multi-talented artist who owned and operated Winged Bull Studio in Clayton, NY. He died unexpectedly a year ago on his 74th birthday. I have missed him a great deal. Every day since then I have thought of him. 

In the dream Greg and I are going to visit  our mutual friend the artist Will Salisbury. Will had a home, workshop and studio in Omar, NY.  In the dream neither Greg nor I had heard from Will in awhile. He doesn't answer his phone. We are sure he is home. When we get there Will is nowhere to be found. It seems strange, a bit eerie. Somehow it dawns upon us that Will had passed away some ten months earlier and is no longer with us. Then, as dreams go, the scene changes and we are walking near a large body of water. In the distance there is a huge rusty hulled ship sitting upright, beached on the shore. There are many people milling around the vessel. As Greg and I talk and try to make sense of the news about Will Greg's voice becomes less distinct. He is moving towards the people and the ship on the shore. We look at each other as he recedes into the distance as if walking backwards. I am becoming confused. As Greg and this scene blurs and fades I gradually waken and realize I am dreaming. It is sad. I loved both of those guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts