About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Friday, February 9, 2024

Health Items: Diverticulitis Flare Up, Spot Removed From Face

So Saturday, January 27, 2024 the Better Half was sick to her her stomach for most of the day. The next couple days eating was not agreeing with her. Then we remembered past event like this and thought it might be a flareup of diverticulisis. Dr. prescribed an antibiotic, did blood test. She wasn't improving so Tuesday Feb. 6 we went to Carthage Hospital emergency room. The place was empty so took her right in. 5 hours later she was transported to Wynn Hospital in Utica, NY. Some IV antibiotics for treatment, a cat scan and other stuff concluded it was diverticulitis. I drove her home Thursday evening, arriving around 7:30. 
Bandage on my face where spot was removed by dermatologist. I've had quite few spots removed from my face over the years. 

Today (Friday) I had a crusty spot on my right cheek removed at Northern Nurse Practitioners in Watertown. They sent it out to a lab to check for skin cancer.  Hopefully it's no more than an actinic keratosis. 

Weather today was mostly sunny with high temp of 58 degrees. Quite unbelievable really. May be a record high temp. After the spot removal I did some work on Clay St apartment house front porch. 
The evening sky at 5:30 today behind our house in Chaumont, NY


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts