About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 285: Ho, Ho, Ho


It is rainy and 32 degrees here in Chaumont, NY, thirteen days before Christmas. I would rather have snow than rain. Snow accumulates upon things, such as the wood pile. One need only brush the snow away and carry the wood inside. When it's rainy, some of the wood tends to get wet. You see, my wood pile is nicely stacked, but covered with a mish mash of tarps and tar paper. If it gets extremely windy with the rain, then the tarp blows up or off, or part way off, or whatever. The rain gets at it and partially soaks the wood. Then it must dry indoors before it goes into the wood stove. The wood simply stays drier when it snows.



This photo of Santa was made at a volunteer fire dept in Lacona, NY. Lacona is a small town in northern NY probably 40 miles or so from where I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts