About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 276: Frosty Tree



It was a great morning this morning. At least from a visual stand point. You may recognize this tree because I posted a photo of it here this Fall. I drive by this tree frequently, always meant to photograph it. It seems as though I am always en-route to somewhere when I am passing by, so for years I have not been photographing it. This morning I felt I was behind schedule and drove past the scene. Then I stopped, turned around and photographed it. It Didn't take long. I cannot believe that I almost blew it off. This is a visual gift presented to my eyes from, who else? God? To see it and not take the time to photograph it is, for a person like me, a waste of talent. I heard comedian Red Skelton (July 18, 1913 – September 17, 1997) say that your talent is a gift from God. Using that talent is your gift TO God.
Anyway, I'm happy to have seen this scene because it turns out to be the high point of the day. Hours later I got a couple of traffic tickets. What a bummer. So one end of the day gives you a high, the other end a low, and so it all balances out.
Here is the photo from the Fall, published here 66 days ago:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts