About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 284: Cabinet Job



So I have been absent from here for three days. I must say that we have been having some real Winter weather in out region. Colder than what we have been accustomed to in recent Decembers. The last 3 or 4 days it was only 8 degrees in the morning. However, tis morning started out close to 30 degrees. But this is weather that we associate with the Christmas Season, especially the Christmases of our youth.
I have been absent here mostly because I have been working some extra jobs, trying to keep afloat, as it were. My son is a cabinet maker. He picked up a side job ( in the photo world my side jobs are referred to as freelance jobs), building some cabinets & and counters for a new convenience store. For those who live near here you may know of Murray's Hardware store on US RT11. It is on the Northern edge of the city of Watertown, about three miles from Margaritaville. Margaritaville? More on that another day. Anyhow, Murray went out of business and someone bought his building and is changing it into a convenience store with a cafe or donut shop area and a large walk in cooler that supposedly will also sell kegs of beer. Well, it is this former hardware store that we are working in. Yesterday and today we spent about twelve hours on the project. Today also happens to be our 11th day on the job. Much longer than we initally anticipated. But we are on the down hill stretch and hope to be completed by Monday. For sure on Tuesday


So now it is close to midnight & I must go to bed. This freelance cabinet job I took on because I need the cash. This month has been bleak as far as extra freelance work goes. On thye flip side it robs me of my time. My guitar practice suffers. Chores around the house go undone. The blog gets neglected. Tomorrow though, the Better Half & I are going to get out Christmas Tree. Much later than we normally get it. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts