About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Thursday, July 4, 2024

4th of July and Better Half is in Hospital

Today is Independence Day, the 4th of July and the Better Half is in St. Joseph's Hospital, Syracuse, NY, recovering from surgery. She had a section of large colon removed after a few years of problems with diverticulosis/ diverticulitis. 

This is the surgery waiting room at St. Joe's hospital in Syracuse, NY. It's and older part of the place and is visually interesting. 

She is doing well and  was up walking around 24 hours after the 7 hour surgery.

Tuesday July 2nd the operation was done by Dr. Dantu. 

Strawberry short cake at sister Sue's

I visited the Better Half in the hospital today and at 3:00 went to sister Sue's place in Utica area.Sister Carol was there as well as Sue's granddaughter E. We had grilled steak, salad, salt potatoes and strawberry short cake. It was all yummy. Headed home to Chaumont about 7:00, arrived at 9:00.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts