About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Friday, July 26, 2024

2011 Kia Sedona Gas Leak and New Battery

I charge the battery for 24 hours to no avail. It still would not start my van.
Another repair job on my 2011 Kia Sedona van. Back in May I replaced the fuel pump. Recently I started to smell gasoline after the van idled for a few minutes. The fuel was leaking somewhere in front. I dropped the van off at D&S Garage on Patty Hill, Brownville on Wednesday the 17th.  It was ready on Monday the22nd bu the Better Half had Dr appointment in Syracuse. ( A 2week post surgery follow up with Dr. Dantu.)

Tuesday I pick the van up and it would not start. Garage guys gave me a jump and away I went. Over next couple of days the battery would not hold a charge. I charged it for 24 hours with my batter charger. Still wouldn't start. Battery was shot. Today I bought new one at Walmart for $139.00. Installed it in about15 minutes and the van started up instantly.

By the way, the fuel leak was fixed and cost $97.00

New battery from Wal-Mart, $139.00, 3 year battery

New battery from Wal-Mart, $139.00, 3 year battery, installed in my 2011 Kia Sedona.

The old battery from Auto Zone served me for 5 years.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts