About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Tuesday, March 19, 2024

New Door on Franklin St and a Bat In Our House June 1, 2023

This entry is from a draft I saved back on August 10, 2023. The events took place on May 31 and June 1, 2023. 

Bat on a glue board captured I our home in Chaumont, NY.

 Yesterday I spent most of the day installing a new back entrance door on our lower rental unit at 807 Franklin St, Watertown, NY.  I began about 10:00, had some unexpected assistance by Rick Seymour (my daughter's ex). He saved me hours of work. It was about 80+ degrees. That evening I grilled some hotdogs and the Better Half made a delicious macaroni salad. 

It was good day. I went to bed about 11:00. Three hours later (2:00am) the Better Half woke me and said there was a bat roosting on the bathroom door. WOW! This is the 3rd bat in our house in course of 7 or 8 years. I slammed the bathroom door shut, sealed it up with tape and forgot about it util today.

With bat locked in bathroom I went back to Franklin St house and did some finish work on new door install. At 1:00 picked up a grocery order at Hannaford's. At 3:00 I went upstairs to check on the bat. The animal was roosting on a mirror. I walked up to it with a glue board (designed to catch rat & mice) stuck it on him and it was successfully trapped. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts