About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Cold Palm Sunday, Auto Inspection, Water Heater Replacement

Palm Sunday morning was 7 degrees.

I had an easy Palm Sunday. Got up and the temperature was 7 degrees. That's pretty cold. So I stayed close to home. Monday morning I dropped the Better Half's car off at Main Auto Parts, Watertown, for annual NY State inspection and an oil change. Then I got a call from daughter S telling me the tenant above her on Franklin St had no hot water. Checked it out and the water heater was in tough shape. leaking.  Brother Al assisted me and we went to Home Depot to buy electric water heater. Oddly, the 40 gallon size was $60 cheaper than the 30 gallon. 

40 gallon water heat, some supply lines
and a gallon of paint total was $567.36
Then the garage calls and says we need new front brake pads and rotors. So they do that. 

I set to work on the water heater. Wrapped that up about 7:00pm. Drove home to get the Better Half and drive her  into town to pick up her car. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts