About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Friday, January 27, 2023

Notes For Today: Snow, Fried Squash, Film Festival more...

 

View from our front porch this morning. Our 2011 Kia Sorento.


It was snowing and 19 degrees this morning. Later in the day it was in the low 30's. For breakfast I had some acorn squash fried up with onions & jalapeño peppers, fried eggs and toast. Quite yummy & satisfying.

Acorn squash fried with chopped onions & jalapeño peppers. Part of this mornings breakfast.

Went to Lowe's and got some hardware to mount the stair railing in our Chaumont house. I think I'll get that job done tomorrow. Went to State St Hardware and bought some screws for the hardware because I think the ones that came with are going to be too short for the job. 

I shoveled the sidewalk at Clay St apartment house. 

Clay St sidewalk after I shoveled the snow. 

After the snow job on Clay I went to Carthage Re-hab center to hang out with the Better half. She is progressing well. May be coming home this Wednesday, February 1st.

At 6:30 I was in Watertown at the Empire Square Restaurant for the 2023 SnowTown Film Festival opening reception. Had a Goose Island IPA beer. I won a film festival T-shirt in a trivia contest for the correct answer to "What was the name of the sequel to the original Frankenstein movie. Answer: The Bride of Frankenstein.

At 7:35 I get text from BH that the staff at re-hab didn't give her the evening dose of blood thinner Eloquis. She was alarmed and nurse said it wasn't on her chart to have it!. Well she has had ir twice a day in there since she was admitted last Saturday. I drove back to Carthage to assist in getting that straightened out. Fortunately she had her discharge papers from SUNY Upstate with her and got the issue resolved with the night nurse. By the time I got there all was fine. BUT, it was upsetting for both of us to say the least. I left there at 8:45 and home about 9:30.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts