About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Sunday, January 15, 2023

Making Stubb's Potato Salad Today and Slip & Fall On Ice

 Got up at 6:00 this morning. It was was 5 degrees. High today was 22 degrees, sunny, little or no wind. 

Stubb's potato salad calls for eggs, red onion, diced dill pickles and potatoes

Today, Sunday January 15, I decided to make Stubb's potato salad. The recipe is from bar-b-q master CB "Stubb" Stubblefield. It appears in "The Stubb's Bar-B-Q Cookbook" published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc.

Stubb's cookbook.

Mostly Russet potatoes  with a couple small Yukon Golds on the stove top.

Stubb's cookbook.

Stubb's cookbook.

After making the potato salad I brought some firewood in. The Better Half's pharmacist daughter B came ovr around 2:00 at which time I went into town for a couple of errands. I picked up a 12 foot pine handrail for our house that I will attach to the wall. This to aid the BH in climbing the stairs once her broken femur has healed enough to permit it. 

I then went to Dick's Sporting Goods store at the Salmon Run Mall to buy some Yaktrax ice cleats that stretch over your shoes. Getting a pair for both of us. Right outside the store entrance I stepped on some sheer, clear ice and fell flat on my ass. What a shock. It was most upsetting after all we have been through with the BH's fall back on Dec. 22nd. There was a group of 4 or 5 people watched me go down. They expressed concern but for the most part I was ok. I felt a little pain in my left wrist and a vague sensation in my knee. Really nothing I was concerned with. I notified a couple of store employees about my fall. Nothing formal s I was ok. Just wanted them to be aware of the ice. The store gave me 25% off my purchase of 2 pair Yaktrax. 

By the time I got home though, I noticed some pain in my left knee. Sort of an ache. It has intensified some this evening, but doesn't feel serious. It's odd to me that I landed on my ass, breaking my fall a little with my left arm / hand. I can't figure what could have caused the ache in my knee to appear. 

The potato salad, by the way, didn't turn out quite as good as it normally does. I think I used too many pickles and he onion was particularly strong. It's still mighty tasty, just not what I know it can be. Oh, normally I use only russet potatoes, but I was short anthem so I added some Yukon Gold's that I had on hand. Those potatoes affected the overall texture of the salad too which I didn't care for. So on a scale of 1 to 5 I give it 3.75. Usually I would give it a solid 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts