About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Thursday, May 19, 2022

Rain, Sump Pump, & Meek's Cutoff May 19, 2022

Flooded basement of our home in Chaumont, NY. House is at least 120 years old with a less than ideal limestone foundation. 

 

Yesterday and today we had plenty of heavy rain. This evening, around 6:00 discovered the basement was flooding with about a foot of water and more flowing in. The sump pump is quite old, at least 10 years, maybe as many as 15 years of service. Recently the switch was sticking. I bought  new pump a few weeks ago. I figured it failed. I quickly replaced the old with the new, plugged it in and it wouldn't go. I fiddled around and it started up. 18 minutes later it quit. The electric outlet had no power. Maybe a breaker tripped. I got and extension cord and plugged it into different outlet. It ran for 10 minutes and stopped. I checked the cords, connections, gave something a wiggle and it started up. Worked fine and pumped all the water out in less than an hour. I'll troubleshoot the electric problem tomorrow.

Earlier today I put some blinds on windows in one of our clay street apartments that I just leased to a young yesterday. She is a 27 year old Certified Nurse Assistant and seems to be very nice. The blinds are cordless, cost $18 and change at Home Depot.

I then went to bank and also bought some flower and cucumber plants at Seaway Gardens Watertown. 

Dropped in on my Celebrity Brother for a quick 20 minute visit.

Finished the evening off watch a 2010 western movie titled Meek"s Crossing. About some settlers getting lost crossing a desert in Oregon in 1845. 

One of the new blinds I installed today on apartment No.3, Clay St., Watertown, NY. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts