About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Friday, May 13, 2022

Botched Blood Donation

   

My blood donation failed when technician evidently missed my vein. Yet the insertion point seemed to bleed more than normal and I was wrapped up with a tourniquet bandage, instructed to leave it on for 1 hour.

Friday the 13th 2022.

I went to Red Cross in Watertown, NY this morning to make a blood donation at 11:00. It went normally until the needle was inserted into my arm. My blood did not flow properly. The attendant tried to adjust it somehow, became frustrated and called a supervisor to assist. They could not get the blood to flow as it should. Re-adjusting the needle caused me some pain. They put a blood pressure cuff on my arm and pumped it up, I assume to create extra pressure that might assist the blood flow. I'm speculating and didn't ask them for an explanation. I got the impression that they missed the vein. The super told the subordinate that she should have used a different, adjacent vein. They decided to unhook me and abandon the donation. The insertion point seemed to bleed more than normal and I was wrapped up with a tourniquet bandage, instructed to leave it on for 1 hour. That was a first. Over all I was uncomfortable about how it all went. I left concerned. 

I then went to the Sportsman's Barber Shop and got a haircut. $14.00 for the cut, I gave her $20.00 (4^.00 tip). 

Went home from there and helped the Better Half carry in some groceries. About 3:00 I went back to town to do some painting on our Franklin St property. At 5:30 I showed a Clay St apartment to a young woman. She wants to lease it. She seems like a good person. Will probably rent to her.

Got home about 6:30 and mowed our lawn. It was quite warm today, hitting a high of 80 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts