About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Wednesday, March 30, 2022

March 29, 2022. Burning Scrap Wood, Internet quit working

 

Burning scrap wood in a fire cauldron created by artist Will Salisbury, Omar NY.  photo copyright Gary Walts 2022

It was sunny and cold in Chaumont, NY. I haven't cleaned out the garage in forever. Among the clutter is an accumulation of scrap wood from many different projects. Scrap wood is wonderful to have on hand, never, it can get out of hand. Every few years I get rid of most of it. So today I set about burning it in a fire cauldron. It is an outdoor fire pit, not like one normally finds. This one was made by Will Salisbury of Omar, NY. Will is an artists and is most noted for working with steel. 

Also today a technician from our internet provider, Spectrum, spent a couple hours here troubleshooting our internet system. We lost service around 12:30. Among other things he changed a filter on the pole where the line comes in from the street. He also replaced our router and we were back in business about 5:30-6:00

I believe this was the 33rd day of the Ukraine-Russia War.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts