About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Monday, March 28, 2022

March 28, 2022 Kia mini van blows out brake line


My 2011 Kia Sedona gets loaded on a flat bed wrecker to be taken to D&S Garage in Brownville for a brake line repair.     photo copyright Gary Walts 2022


Today I had my 2011 Kia Sedona mini van towed to D&S Garage on Paddy Hill, Brownville, NY after a brake line blew out.  The brake line failed a few days ago while I was leaving the Chaumont Post Office. I was fortunate it happened there, just a couple blocks from home. I'm sure I could fix it myself, but I don't feel like it. So being a 16 year member of AAA  (Triple A) Had them tow it to the garage. The tow truck/wrecker came out of Clayton. 

On another note I stopped by Walrath Tax Service in Brownville, NY to sign and pickup codes of my 2021 income taxes. I owe NY State $400.00 and the Federal government $2,000.00 Yikes! Much of that is from making withdrawals from my 401K retirement account. The money contributions while I was working were never taxed. Now that I am using the money it is time to pay the piper. 

I had a couple of guitar lessons today at the Copley House here in Chaumont. 

It was cold, blustery and some snow today here, high temp of about 19 degrees. The low last night was 10 degrees. Currently at about 11:00pm it is 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts