About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Sunday, March 20, 2022

Blood Donation Reveals I Have Covid 19 Antibodies

March 20, 2022

 A couple days ago I learned through Red Cross website that my March 8 blood donation contained Covid 19 antibodies. After some quick research I understand that I must have recently had a Covid infection. I had gotten the Moderna vaccine, both parts, as soon as it was available as well as the booster. Since then I have felt hale and hearty with the exception of a few days back in January. I wouldn't say I was ever sick, but for 3 or 4 days (maybe longer, don't remember) I was feeling abnormally tired and had some achy muscles. My head seemed a little foggy too. That's it. The Better Half joked that I should get a Covid test, but being vaccinated and not actually sick, we didn't seriously consider it. That was right around January 10 or 11.  

Screen shot grabbed from Red Cross web site reveal my COVID-19 test results


My COVID-19 test result came back REACTIVE+

The following is from the Red Cross web site:

Reactive+ test result: Antibody levels were detected at levels high enough that your plasma may be used as convalescent plasma.

I would say the Modern vaccine worked wonderfully  in keeping my infection so mild that I didn't seriously think I had one.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts