About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Death in the Family: Sunday October 12, 2014 my brother Thomas Walts died

Death in the Family: Sunday October 12, 2014 my brother Thomas Walts died.

I didn't sleep last night.
Tonight I drank most of a bottle of Zinfandel. I may sleep a bit better.

Tom was the 7th of 10 children born to Aubrey & Margaret Walts.

I am the 2nd son and second eldest.

Alan is the eldest and first son.

All told I have seven brothers and two sisters.

My father was 56 when he died in 1987.

My brother Tom was 52, though he was only 4 days away from his 53rd birthday.

My heart is heavy.

My Father, My Brother, My Heart.

My, my, my,

It appears it is all about me.

The hood from one of Tom Cat's race cars. It sits outside the garage he built at my mother's house in Calcium, NY.
Tom was married to Cathy Dean. Tom and Cathy. Tom Cat.

Number 3 son Melvin will be here Friday from Dallas, TX.

Number 8 son Bruce will be coming from Alabama.

Bruce is the youngest of the tribe, 12 years younger than I.

Suzy and Carol roll in from Tucson, AZ. 

Tom's daughter Sierra is 15 years old. One day she will be 20. Then 25. 30, 40, and 50 years of age will arrive for her. 35 years will have passed by the time she is 50. By then Tom will be a faded memory. For her, for me, for us all.  

If I am still alive I will be 95. 

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. 

I love you Lord.
I love, I love, I love.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts