About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Friday, October 17, 2014

Classical guitar at Cape Vincent NY Library

Tonight from 6:30-8:00 I did my 9th out of 10 classical guitar presentations. This one was at the Library in Cape Vincent, NY. 25 people showed up. I played my Alejandro Cervantes guitar. I felt I did exceptionally well. Played Carcassi eteudes 3, 7, and 19 from opus 60. Some Sor studies and Tarrega pieces. All went well. then I played Christopher Parkening's trancription of Bach's prelude #1 from the Well Tempered Clavier.
From there I met up with the Better Half and sisters Sue & Carol at the Blue Heron restaurant in Chaumont. Then we met at our house for an hour or so.
Tomorrow we have calling hours fro my brother Tom at Calarco Funeral Home on Keyes Ave in Watertown.

Here is a photo I snapped with my iPhone 5 in Auburn NY.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts