About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Saturday, October 25, 2014

Come Saturday Morning ( the Sandpipers) and some Saturday snapshots

iPhone and instagram snapshot of crayons at our house in Chaumont, NY. I snapped this photo this afternoon.

It was a pleasant day today, Saturday October 25th, 2014. Last Saturday was brother Tom's funeral. The three previous Saturdays I was occupied with weddings. Two of them I played guitar at, the other one I photographed. The funeral week was tough to get through. The mixed emotions linger as do thoughts of my brother. I am feeling a bit down still. That's ok.

Saturday, Saturday, Saturday... I think of the song Come Saturday Morning by the Sandpipers:

Come Saturday morning, I'm goin' away with my friend
We'll Saturday-spend till the end of the day, just I and my friend
We'll travel for miles in our Saturday smiles and then we'll move on
But we will remember long after Saturday's gone
Come Saturday morning, come Saturday morning
Come Saturday morning, I'm goin' away with my friend
We'll Saturday-laugh more than half of the day, just I and my friend
(My friend)
Dressed up in our rings and our Saturday things and then we'll move on
But we will remember long after Saturday's gone
Come Saturday morning, come Saturday morning
Come Saturday morning, just I and my friend

Here is a youtube video of the Sandpipers Song Come Saturday Morning




So this Saturday  I got together with the family violinist for a music lesson. I picked him up and we went to Musicology on State St., Watertown. We worked on some Christmas music. He then went outside the store for an hour and played for passersby and picked up about $15.00
Then we had lunch together and I took him home. By then it had begun to rain.

At home the Better Half's youngest grandson G is spending the week end with us. So late in the afternoon he and I went for a walk down by the lake. I snapped this photo:
Out walking in Chaumont NY with and iPhone 5 and the instagram app. Produced this photo. How wonderful.

On the walk home I snapped this photo. It caught my eye but will certainly not be immediately appreciated like the pretty pictures above.
Photo number three snapped today while walking in Chaumont.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts