About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Friday, March 14, 2014

Shutting down my darkroom

Panorama view of my darkroom after the 8' sink was removed. The doors and woodwork are for a bedroom closet. Removing the sink gave me space to stain and polyurathane the wood. 
So while the Better Half was on vacation in Florida I decided to begin to dismantle my darkroom. In the last five years or so I have not done any printing in there and has slowly descended into a hopelessly disorganized junk room. I have plenty of black and white paper, various grades of RC and fiber based, and chemicals. But the space has become an embarasment of clutter. The photos I present here are somewhat misleading in that I moved a lot of stuff off to one side so as to make room to stain and finish some wood panel closet doors. I performed that work in the space that occupied my darkroom sink.
Freshly stained closet doors rest on what used to be the base of my darkroom sink.

A lot of clutter. Looks a bit worse because I piled everything to one side of the room to make space for finishing wood panel doors.

A lot of clutter. Looks a bit worse because I piled everything to one side of the room to make space for finishing wood panel doors.

Add caption



Add caption

Jars of change accumulated over a long time. Cashed them in and was disappointed how little money there really was there. You can see a lot of silver there, but it was mostly pennies. 

clutter, clutter. 

One of many photos that are in unorganized stacks. I suppose I should at least sign them and maybe that will have some effect on their value.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts