About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wellesley Island Wedding and other events

This is me playing at a wedding on Wellsley Island October 13th. Though it was overcast it was close to 70 degrees, ideal for an outdoor event on the St. Lawrence River.  photo by Sarah Ellen Smith

It's been a busy month for October in the North Country. On the 6th I played at a benefit at The Norh Side Improvement league in Watertown. It was called Doug Woodstock. Doug was a friend and local musician who died recently. The event was to raise money for his two sons. The day before The Better Half and I attended a wedding as guests. That was a nice, fun event at the Tug Hill Winery.

The following weekend I photographed a wedding in Syracuse on Saturday (which I just finished editing today) then played guitar for three hours at another wedding at Wellesley Island on Sunday. This past weekend I was free of all free lance  jobs/gigs. This Saturday I have a photography job for the NY State teachers union at the fairgrounds in Watertown. I also recent played three consecutive Thursday evenings at The Channelside restaurant in Clayton. So it's been really nice and greatly improved this months cash flow.

I shot this photo at a girls swim meet in Syracuse. I was working for the Post-Standard and Syracuse Media Group. photo by Gary Walts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts