About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Monday, October 7, 2013

Photo op in a paint can

I just never know when the next photo op will be presented to me. Case in point was when I opened a can of ceiling paint.

I open this can of paint and what do  I instantly see? The photo below. 
Unexpected art found inside a can of paint


I am a chronic snap shooter. Something catches my eye and at the very least I want to see what it looks like photographed. Things do not always appear in a photograph as you might think. That's because what we see in the live World is seen in three dimensions. The photo turns it into a two dimensional reproduction. That's why it is helpful to view the World with one eye closed. Then things look more like they will appear in a photo.
Anyhow, I needed to touch up the ceiling in a bedroom at my home after a minor roof leak. I had a can of ceiling paint that had not been opened for quite some time. It's the type of paint that goes on pink and dries white. So, when I opened the can there were pink hued streaks running down the inside of the can. The interior of the can had a circle shape created from the handle mount. I instantly saw the shapes, the streaks, the colors, and grabbed my trusty iPhone and snapped away. I then cropped and tweaked it a bit with Photoshop and I present to you what caught my eye.

This is simply a cropped version of the upper photo.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts